Saturday 18 February 2012

High Heels in the Workplace

Crosseyed from an continuous home-alone week glued to my Eizo monitor, head down for the Sideburn #10 finish line. The larder, fridge and freezer now bare. My pyjamas can walk on their own. Decided a trip outdoors and some manual labor (involving more than just my index fingers) would probably be heathy. Made it all of 50 feet out into the garden and into my shed. It's slowly coming together. Made some stack heels for my workbench so that both halves sit at a mighty 97cm high, so whether standing up or sitting on my new repro Tolix stool, it's comfy.The next dilemma is wether to cover the platforms in glam rock silver glitter, or go more Joan Jet (here played by Kristen Stewart in the 2010 biographical film The Runaways), with white patent leather? BP

6 comments:

#39 said...

Dude, that's Kristen Stewart! Agghhhh

Sideburn Magazine said...

Dude I stand corrected!
thats the problem with Google images. BP

Anonymous said...

Sparkles would be harder to keep clean.
I would go for a nice tweed fabric covering in memory. Of ur Italian. Job!!

Kirk said...

Glam rock all the way champ.

capnsimo said...

sheesh kebab, i was gobsmacked, forget about heels its was the way the new high level platform made the guzzi look so small.....then I used the detective anorak zoom function

Sideburn Magazine said...

There's been a Joan Jett biopic?
I grew up in Leeds, on a hill a 30-minute fast walk from LUFC's Elland Road. When I was about 12, 13 I remember faintly hearing Joan Jett live as she and the Blackhearts (great name) supported Queen. The sound really travelled. I made sure I was indoors before Queen came on. G