Friday 22 July 2011

Sideburn x Reilly Rocket UPDATE

What a great night. A full on London street party. Thanks to everyone who came from near and far (Bristol! Glasgow!! Spain!!!). There are some lovely photos up on El Solitario MC blog (where this one above is taken from). Ben will stick ours up over the weekend.
Massive thanks to everyone at London's friendliest new cafe Reilly Rocket plus Dave and Max the DJs and to everyone who bought something. G
Reilly Rocket,
507 Tottenham Rd, Dalston/Hackney
London, E8 4AUThe weirdest mish-mash of machines this side of planet Zeetron.Sideburn, a veritable Dr Barnardos type institutionHi Gary, Ben and all at Sideburn and Reilly Rocket,
Thanks for a great London bike party. Very very few of them around these parts which is a shame. Pop up bike bbq's rock! It's a shame I didn't get the chance to thank you more and speak with Drogo, as I was interested in how he was getting on with the shaved front disc / brembo set-up on his XS650, mine was the KR rep parked next to it on the night and my front brake set-up needs some help. By the time I'd narrowed down who I thought he was, I had to leave and he looked deep in chat with Mr Red Max.
My mate Simon came along on his burgundy Ariel but found out en route that it wasn't charging the lights. So I left with him before it got too dark and was going to ride behind him part way home to act as a tail/brake light. We'd got as far as Balls Pond Rd round the corner and realised that my brake tail light had blown! Weird. Oh well, lights on bikes at the party looked fairly optional anyway.What a load of cool dogs as well at a bike meet!
Cheers gents,
Richard

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what engine is the the cagiva, anyone know?.

Full Lock or Death #29 said...

That's my friend Ben's, it's his 'Cagimaha'. I'll probably get this totally wrong but I think it's a Yamaha RD engine with DT pistons, LC head and loads of other stuff.. Runs it on Castrol R. Sounded incredible in the tunnels on the way home... He built it to compete in hillclimbs and is now building a budget flat track race bike for Thunderbikes and Novices next season!
Jamie

Anonymous said...

mega!, would make a lovely cadwell/mallory bike!!.
cant wait to see his tracker now!.

Garrett302 said...

Man, nothing like that ever happens in CO.